Stichting Volksuniversiteit Amsterdam (‘Amsterdam people’s university foundation’) is run in accordance with the ‘Governance Code Cultuur’ – a code of conduct for good management and control in the arts and culture sector.
Good management and control are indicated by:
- clarity on the supervisory structure and associated responsibilities;
- incorruptible and transparent actions, taking into account the needs of all stakeholders;
- expert management and control;
- effective and accountable management and control;
- effectivity in the achievement of the foundation’s mission, goal setting and the efficient spending of (public) funds.
The Board of Trustees of Stichting Volksuniversiteit Amsterdam employs the ‘management model’, whereby its managerial tasks are delegated to the director. The responsibility for these tasks, however, remains with the board.
As of March 2018, the Board of Trustees consists of:
Laïla Abid, Chair
Jiefan Hsu, Treasurer
Marianne de Rooij