Stichting Volksuniversiteit Amsterdam (‘Amsterdam people’s university foundation’) is run in accordance with the ‘Governance Code Cultuur’ – a code of conduct for good management and control in the arts and culture sector.
Good management and control are indicated by:
- clarity on the supervisory structure and associated responsibilities;
- incorruptible and transparent actions, taking into account the needs of all stakeholders;
- expert management and control;
- effective and accountable management and control;
- effectivity in the achievement of the foundation’s mission, goal setting and the efficient spending of (public) funds.
The director of the Foundation Volksuniversiteit Amsterdam is responsible for the policy, financial performance as well as staff and organization. The Supervisory Board supervises the director, guards the mission of Volksuniversiteit Amsterdam and advises the director on the policy and performance of Volksuniversiteit Amsterdam.
As of January 1st 2022 the Supervisory Boards consists of the following members:
Laïla Abid, Chair
Jiefan Hsu, Treasurer
Marianne de Rooij
As of January 1, 2022, the board consists of the director / board member Rens Koole